Monday, August 16, 2021

The Gift That Keeps On Giving Till It Kills You 8

Month eight was all about the berries. Only one with raspberries and none with strawberries, Nature's two best berries, but thankfully all berries are good berries. Don't have much else to say except.... it was an acceptable month? Liz edit: this was a good month for a deep bench of solid contenders (except the habanero). Berries in ice cream won't surprise anyone, but they're old reliable for a reason.

 

- Wild-Foraged Berry Slab Pie

Scott: Nothing exciting, but very pleasing. Had a good berry mix and the occasional crusty pieces were nice and not too big. Satisfying. Ahhhhh.

7.5/10

Liz: Pretty conventional berries and cream flavor. I like the way the berries are mixed in.

6.5/10 

 

- Besharam's Yogurt Lassi with Raspberry

Scott: Kind of weird slightly sour unsettling taste.

4/10

Liz: Little bit of tartness, but not otherwise super different from Wild Berry Pie. It supposedly has cumin and cardamom, but I don't taste any of them. I definitely like the frozen yogurt vibe better than Scooter does.

6.5/10 

 

- Boysenberry Oatmilk Sherbet

Scott: I'll be honest. I haven't gotten to this one yet. After eating 100 ice creams another sherbet isn't high on my to do list.

?/10

Liz: Mmmm. Tastes like a creamy sorbet. Oh yeah. Nice potent berry flavor.

7/10

 

- Birthday Cakes & Blackberries

Scott: Very good. The sweet creamy birthday cake base combined with the whatever it was that was mixed in it was delicious. The blackberry jam was of course a tremendous vein that dominated its portion of the ice cream container, but if apportioned appropriately it was a tasty accompaniment to the rest of the mix.

7.5/10

Liz: Maybe there're chunks of something in here, but it mostly just tastes like sweet cream to me.

 6/10 (-0.5 for giant lake of stuff)

 Note: the creamy, rainbow sprinkle base grew one me: 6.5/10


 - Goat Cheese Marionberry Habanero

Scott: A really unique ice cream I would recommend everyone try, and if offered a scoop I would eat it, but I don't think I would buy it. The post-fruit and cheese spicy kick while interesting was just, like, "Why?" I don't turn to ice cream to satisfy my pepper fix just like I don't turn to lunch and dinner for my ice cream fix. Stay in your lane Salt & Straw!

6.5/10

Liz: Oooh that's too much heat. That's a lot of heat. I can taste more habanero than goat cheese or marionberry.

1/10

No comments: